Monday, January 18, 2010

365 Photos- 18/365

Thanks to the fantastic Amy Allred (and her whole family, which this project took up their home and lives for several months) I have learned to make a quilt out of old radio station t-shirts from many of my past lives. Not only does this represent many sweet memories of former jobs, but it also keeps me mega-f***ing-über warm. (Yep, that's a technical term)

I am wondering if I enter the quilt into the fair, will I get struck by lightning? I'm not a domestic homemaker, I do not make fruit preserves and I think we went through several bottles of alcohol in order to tie this stupid quilt. Does that go against the spirit in which the Utah State Fair was intended?

If so, I don't want to be right.

18/365


This photo is crap, I know. But it was taken with the camera phone because all I want to do is crawl under said quilt and go to sleep. Still, it looks very cool and it's much nicer than a giant stack of memories sitting in a closet, unworn.

3 comments:

The Venting One said...

Best quilt ever! I think you've now officially earned your young women's medallion! ;)

Holly B. said...

Sweet! Now that I'm a young woman, maybe I'll finally get some breasts.

marketingcommando said...

Holly,

Beautiful quilt. You have inspired me to empty my drawer of tee shirts that are just a bit too snug and give them a new life.

Darren