Thursday, July 10, 2008

Spumoni = Holy Trinity?



From the Deseret News today, an ice cream shop customer allegedly found Jesus staring back from some Spumoni. My favorite quote from the photo, "We weren't sure if we should scoop... him." So the Holy Trinity is chocolate, pistachio and strawberry?

My question: if Jesus were going to appear to us, why does he continually choose to appear in food? Grilled Cheese sandwiches and now ice cream. I guess I sort of assumed he was healthier than that, what with all the fishes and loaves and stuff.

But that's just me.

4 comments:

1979 semi-finalist said...

Food is awesome. And Jesus knows this.

End of explanation.

Beck said...

I believe chocolate, pistachio and strawberry are the Holy Trinity. I believe, sistah! Because Spumoni is the only reason to go to the Spaghetti Factory.

Holly B. said...

Kel: It all seems so much clearer now!!

Beck: I thought about that when I saw this article. But I'm also all about the Spaghetti Factory's massive garlic butter appeal as well.

marketingcommando said...

I believe you meant to say, "garlic margarine", but I think it's some form of congealed 30w.