Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Back to school?


I had a wicked bad reaction to yesterday's flu shot and after going to the gym last night, thought I was going to die. Even my skin hurt. After sitting in the Jeep for I don't know how long, I finally made it inside and up to bed.

Sometime around 3 this morning, I had the craziest dream. Not being one to remember my dreams very often, I was taken a little aback by the fact it was so vivid. I dreamed that something had been messed up with my high school transcript and they needed to send me back to high school to complete a few courses they decided I needed to take. I went back, even with a new bookbag, as a 31-year-old back in high school, full of anxiety, not ready to face the day. After searching high and low for the office to pick up my transcript to look at it, I finally settled in for a coffee and a smoke in the school's "fireplace lounge." Mind you, Brighton High never looked so good, and certainly never had a fireplace lounge, but in my dream, it was pretty groovy. I ended up sitting next to a guy sporting sort of Flock of Seagulls meets The Cure meets Gleaming the Cube kind of blonde hairdo and after I remarked to him that I thought he was cute, I woke up.

I must have been sick.

2 comments:

NinjasOfLoretto said...

ah Brighton...ah the memories. oh nevermind. there's nothing really there.

terrible and hilarious dream.

whenever i have school dreams, highschool, elementary, or college the only recurring theme is that i somehow start forgetting to go to one class...all year and then show up and have done none of the work.

ho-hum...how boring!

Holly B. said...

Not boring... you NEVER would've missed class back then... that's a nightmare!!!!

:)