Monday, October 08, 2007

The anniversary


Yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of my greatest personal loss, and it was extremely anti-climactic. In fact, the build-up throughout the week was probably more traumatic than yesterday. Yesterday was... just another day. I don't know what I expected, really, if I would get haunted or if my dad would walk in and say he was just kidding, but nothing.

I watched the latest episode of Moonlight.

I went to the gym.

I washed my hair.

Part of me feels extremely guilty that I've gotten on with my life, a feat I didn't think I'd be able to do last year at this time. And for that, part of me feels a giant sense of accomplishment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holls,
I just heard about your dad the other day. I was really sad to hear the news. Your dad was a really great guy and a hell of a sax player.

How's your mom doing?

Holly B. said...

Pete--
She's hanging in there, we both are. This year has been quite the adjustment for us, and while we miss him immensely, we're glad he's not feeling crappy anymore.

Thanks for the nice words.
Hol